All indoors classes last 45 minutes each session (except puppy parties and these are 30 minutes) Prices depend on hall hire costs:
Ferndown £72.00 (Six weeks)
Ferndown Puppy Party (£10 for 30 minutes)
Bearwood £70.00 (six weeks)
St Leonards £72.00 (Six weeks)
Outdoor classes are run as three weeks courses
£45.00 for three weeks.
Puppy parties are booked as individual sessions, have around 6 puppies in. They last half an hour and cost £10.00 per session. Puppy parties usually have a maximum of 6 but sometimes we may need to provide extra support for a pup at the previous weeks course who didn't manage to book on. This decision is at our discretion.
Standard behaviour consultation package: £295.00 (including 4 weeks post consultation support via phone/ email). Other packages can be quoted for offering longer term phone support or a different number of calls/visits. These packages will be devised on request with full details of the behaviour problem/s provided.
Zoom consultation package £180.00 (includes pre consultation questionnaire research, viewing videos, questionnaire etc, 1.5 hour telephone consultation followed by report.) This does not include post consultation support.
Private zoom delivered training with Denise - £50.00 per hour
Dog to Trainer ratios
We feel strongly that two trainers should be running a course. This is for several reasons:
1) Client service. You will receive a good amount of support as there are two trainers running a course. One trainer can find it difficult to observe all the dogs in a class and may not see that you might need help.
2) We constantly observe dog body language to ensure that dogs are safe and conformable together. One trainer cannot do this with a group of dogs. We have a 4 dogs per trainer ratio (with rare exceptions), which is about right for being able to keep an eye on things.
3) Safety of clients and staff. With the best will in the world, there can be times when dogs don't get along as sometimes owners are not aware of how their dog feels before coming to classes. For safety reasons, two trainers should be in every class in case of preventing dog spats. Thankfully, this is extremely rare at Paws in Hand, and this is, most likely, because of our policy of low numbers of dog to trainer ratio.
There are up to 8 dogs in each indoor class with two instructors. In some classes (puppy or advanced), we very occasionally have 9 in a class, but this is rare. In our outdoor classes we have 6-8 dogs in a class (usually six). Very occasionally, a small class (4 or less) with one instructor may occur but only in our outdoor setting.
Training and qualifications and experience
All our staff have some form of dog training qualifications or have attended Continuing Professional Development courses. Many of our trainers have years of experience. Between us (as of 2019) your team has 61 years experience. Your lead trainers, on average have 11.5 years experience dog training. Our training assistants have on average 6.75 years experience assisting us in classes.
Classes- Prior to course starting. Due to the overheads associated with running classes we require 5 full business days notice to cancel a course before the start date. A handling fee of £15.00 will be incurred. As we have limited availability, once the course is fully booked we lose further possibility of bookings. Please make sure you give us as much notice as possible to help us keep our prices down.
Classes - Prior to course starting. If you give us less than the required 5 days notice and we are able to fill your space, you will receive a full refund minus the £15.00 handling fee. If we are unable to fill the space, then no refund will be given.
Classes: Courses are NOT transferable. It is not possible to transfer onto another course unless you have advised us at least 5 days prior to the start of the course you have been booked on. If we are able to fill your space then we can offer a transfer to another course if we have spaces with no further cost. This will only be offered once. If we are unable to fill your space with less than 5 days notice, no refund or transfer will be given.
Classes - During course. If you need to cancel the course during the course refunds will be handled on a case by case basis. Refunds are not generally given unless your dog has become ill, or passed away. Sadly, this does occasionally occur and we will refund the remainder of the course with no handling fee. If your dog is ill, we may request a letter from your vet before processing a refund.
Classes - we state in our terms and conditions that dogs must not show aggression to people or dogs and we offer alternative arrangements for these dogs. We also suggest that dogs who bark a lot at people or dogs might not be appropriate candidates for a class environment. If it transpires that your dog might not be appropriate for classes, and it was obvious they would not have (i.e they are already showing these behaviours outside the hall), we may request that you do not attend and will not refund the course. If you knowingly book a reactive dog into class, you will have prevented someone else from booking the space and this could have an impact on the viability of running our classes. If it becomes clear that your dog is struggling in class but that we feel it is possible/likely you could not have anticipated this, a refund for classes not attended will be offered minus handling fee.
Classes - females in season. It is not appropriate to bring a female in season to classes. Please let us know when this happens. We suggest booking the next available course without making payment and then we will offset the missed sessions against the cost of the next course. Then you should pay the balance when we know how many sessions your dog will have missed.
Behaviour and private training: The very nature of this work means that we will have delivered our service prior to receiving payment so refunds are not possible. We are vulnerable to the ability for someone to receive this service and not pay as we are unable to receive the service back. This is why, for our own financial protection, we request 50% of payment prior to the consultation with the remaining 50% on the day of the consultation. If payment is not made after the consultation, we will contact you to request payment. If payment is persistently not forthcoming we will take cases to the small claims course for non payment.
Thankfully, complaints are extremely rare indeed. But, if you are unhappy with the service we offer you should follow this process:
1) Contact us via the contact details shown on our Contact Us page letting us know the nature of your complaint immediately you start to feel unhappy.
2) We would appreciate the opportunity to improve our service and will aim to ensure that our service meets your requirements.
3) If we are unable to meet your requirements and yet it was clearly stated in our terms and Conditions and website information that this would be the degree of service provided, no refund will be given.
4) If your complaint is valid and we did not meet our service levels as shown in our terms and conditions and website, a refund will be given for the remaining sessions that you will not be attending.